Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #7 - Cool Google Tools

I never knew Google had so many cool tools!
I signed up for a Google Alert on a topic of interest to me so that I can see how it works. I can see using this in the classroom for current events that are relevant to a topic being studied, especially in the areas of science and social studies, and health.
I explored Google Scholar to get a feel for finding a variety of resources that might pertain to a piece of literature being read. This would be a fantastic site for gathering background information or finding companion pieces, both fiction or nonfiction. It would also be very useful for current journal articles when students are studying an area of science.

1 comment:

  1. Google Scholar has come in handy for me when teachers want specific journal articles, although most of the time the teachers would have to pay a fee. Still, at least they can access the article!

    ReplyDelete