Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing # 12 - Creating Community through Commenting

I felt that the most important points discussed in all of the blogs on making comments were to make the points relevant to the ongoing conversation and to choose your words wisely. It is so easy to misinterpret words by themselves when we don't have voice inflections, gestures, facial expressions, and body language to complement the word choices. Misunderstandings and miscommunications could be rampant. I agree with one of the sites' authors who said that he/she is sure to get in between commentators who seem to be getting out of line with each other. This author noted that he/she felt that this helped other people feel safe to make comments.

I checked out a couple of blogs on Eventing, which is an equestrian sport. I have always loved horses and used to ride quite a bit. If I were a young girl (and could afford this sport), I would love to participate in the show jumping, cross country courses, and dressage events that make up Eventing.

So that is why I chose these blogs: http://useventing.com/blog/?p=3060 and http://useventing.com/competitions.php?id=1986

No comments:

Post a Comment