Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing #15 - Perspectives on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0

I found the writings about the future function and "look" of libraries very thought provoking. I have to admit that I really hadn't spent any time thinking about how the Web has changed the function of the library. I thought the one perspective about how people will collect librarians and rate their avatars was interesting - it will certainly take an entirely different set of skills to navigate libraries of the future.

I also attempted to use one of the article's bibliographies and found that several of the references used in the article(from 2006)were no longer available. It made me think about how sources will be used in the future, and how short-lived they may be. Will this potentially cause a domino effect of research bibliographies? Hmmmm?

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting about the bibliography. You were smart to check that out. I look at the bibliographies in the backs of newly published books to see how current they are. You are right to wonder how long references will be available. Interesting thought.

    ReplyDelete