Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #19 - Web 2.0 Awards List

After many searches of award winning websites, I chose to use www.comiqs.com as my tool. I found many of the websites a bit confusing and I was uncertain as to how I would use them in a classroom setting. However, comiqs.com was very user-friendly and offered a tremendous amount of flexibility (use their pictures or download your own) and room for creativity. I thought that students might enjoy using this website for a different type of writing assignment - maybe political cartoons or short strips about something they are studying in a history class, or use textbook photos and create a strip about a scientific process being studied in a science class. Themes, figurative language, figures of speech, grammar lessons - all of these could be made a little more interesting to present to the class through the use of a comic strip type of presentation.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I think we can use this to enliven our presentations. I am always looking for ways to do that! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete