Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing #20 - YouTube and TeacherTube

I will plan on using TeacherTube videos for a variety of activities with my students. They are so much more tuned in to video presentations of information as opposed to getting it out of a textbook or listening to a teacher lecture on it. I think the videos can serve as a very good launching off point for discussions and elaborating on the topics presented. Another wonderful aspect of the videos is the idea of the students being able to make them for a portfolio piece or a way of testing their knowledge or as group projects. Students would amaze us all with their products! I chose this video because I think it represents the basis of 23 Things, combined with how we can use videos, such as the ones found on TeacherTube and YouTube, to reach our students.


3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your you tube video. I cant wait to find out how to make this work! I also look forward to using it with my students once I figure it out.GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will have ad this one to my list of examples as well! So glad you found it. And I hope you will share your students' writing attempts 2.0 style with us thru your blog

    ReplyDelete